The change in weather means it’s time swap out the skincare products in my bathroom shelf just like I would my closet. Below are my picks for the Fall.
- Makeup remover- La Roche Posay Micellar water- I picked this up when I was on vacation three months ago and have loved it since! It takes off all my makeup and leaves my skin feeling soft.
- Cleanser- La Roche Posay Purifying cleanser- This cleans my thoroughly and however doesn’t leave it feeling tight.
- Toner – The ordinary glycolic toner- I’ve loved this toner for almost two years and raved it multiple times. It’s a great treatment for my hyper pigmentation and always keep it in my rotation
- Vitamin C – The Ordinary ascorbic acid + alpha arbutin toner – This has been a life send for my skin. I went through a really bad phase of going to sleep with my makeup on and this reversed all the side effects. This is my favorite vitamin c serum that I’ve used so far.
- Hydrating serum – Botanics hydration burst serum- I love this affordable serum from Target! It feels amazingly hydrating without feeling too greasy.
- Moisturizer – Origins energy boosting ginzing moisturizer- i’m not crazy about this moisturizer but I find it perfect for sealing in all the layers of product that
- SPF- Glossier invisible shield – This is the best SPF I’ve ever used. It doesn’t leave a white cast which for my ebony queens is a miracle to find in an SPF product! It also never leaves me feeling greasy and I love the neat and neon packaging.
What products have you added to your routine with the change in season?
Remember that time at the Grammy’s when her majesty, the queen Beyoncé, wore an full face of Glossier and we all almost lost it because said face featured eyeshadows we couldn’t get our hands on? Yeah, ringing a bell? Welll time to rejoice because said shadows have officially dropped!
The product is called the lidstar (how stereotypical-ly cool you guys!) and is basically a liquid pigment in a tube!
Lidstar lights up eyes with a wash of soft, glistening color that lasts all day. The effect comes from a delicate proportion of ultrafine multicolor pearls suspended with coated pigments in a buttery base for the silkiest, most blendable formula. To apply, dab doe foot applicator onto clean lids and use fingertips to shape. The cream dries down to a sheer veil, locking onto lids with no creasing (no need for primer). It’s one-step eye enhancement you can do every day.
It reminds me of the colorpop eye shadows but with a very handy dandy applicator! It fits right into their brand with the no muss no fuss one step shadow with no primer needed.
The tubes are $18 each which is pretty standard, but a they have a cool offer where you save $6 if you buy a duo!
This sounds right up my alley as I’m eyeing up Herb a smoky green with yellow gold pearl and Fawn a cool smoky taupe with violet and neutral gold pearls. Top 2 shades below.
Welp, you know how it goes. Heading to the showroom after work and handing over some coins to Emily.
How about you guys? Are you getting tired of the Glossier launches? Or keep em coming???
PC 1 2 3
Now I’m here for brands snatching my edges every once in a while, and a brand that I will let take my wig along with my edges, is none other than Glossier. The brand once again proved they know their customer base and its needs when they dropped a brand new product called SOLUTION, with nary a peep to the general populace.
Girls went crazy as you’d expect, and the launch in a manner very similar to their fragrance launch, has drawn a wide range of reviews (eye emoji, eye emoji, eye emoji). I took myself to their showroom once again and picked up a brand spanking $24 bottle, in the hopes of giving my own two cents.
The toner claims to transform skin in four weeks by
Gently sloughing dead cells away through chemical exfoliation, dissolving the bonds gluing problematic dead cells to the healthy skin beneath.
With daily use, expect cleared acne and blackheads, smaller pores, and reduced redness. Skin’s texture will be smoother and softer, and the fabled glow of balanced, healthy skin will be in full force.
They honestly had me at “smaller pores” and the rest of the things it does sounds mighty great. My my main excitement however was on the beautiful list of key ingredients. Y’all know how I feel about glycolic acid so guess how excited I was to see the below.
I already love my AHA + BHA mask and my 7% Glycolic acid toner from The Ordinary so I’m super excited to see what this does for my skin. Fingers crossed it DOES NOT unseat my current HG toner from The Ordinary because I’ll take $7 > $24 any day!!
Have you guys tried the solution from Glossier? Did you like it, love it, want to marry it?
Like any beauty brand mogul, Emily Weiss, is letting everyone know that she didn’t come to play. Please meet her fresh new ‘cool girl’ fragrance that just dropped this morning; Glossier you
The $60 fragrance is being described as “the ultimate personal fragrance” and features a Creamy, sparkling, clean, warm scent that “smells like you”…intriguing
The three base notes are…
_ambrox: smooth, salty, animalistic
_musk: long-lasting, addictive
with the top notes being…
_iris root: earthy, green, woody
_pink pepper: spice, sparkling
I don’t know about you guys but the minute I get off work, I’ll be marching myself to the Glossier showroom in Soho to pick up a bottle because this is Emily’s world and we’re just living in it.
Have you guys smelled it? What product do you think the brand will drop next?
One of the best things about living in New York is the fact that everything seems to happen here. Be it free last minute concerts (a la Alicia Keys) or pop up shops (a la Kylie pop up). I therefore try and take advantage of all the beauty happenings that come up in the city and the Glossier showroom was one of them!
Glossier, is a brand that has been popular for the past couple of years. Being that it is based in New York -brand creator Emily Weiss is based in New York- there has always been a huge marketing presence of Glossier in the city. One of those marketing strategies, is the glossier showroom. I’ve always wanted to try the boy brow and the Generation G lipstick and the showroom was the perfect opportunity to touch and play with all the products before buying. On that account, I popped down to the Glossier show once it open and picked up a few bits.
Continue reading “Glossier Review”